All the members of our School Library participated in project Diversity Challenge Resilience: School Libraries Have It All. And results? Exhibition, worth to view it:
Elementary School Litija, Slovenia
INVITATION TO THE EXHIBITION
Diversity Challenge Resilience: School Libraries Have It All
1. class: Library Bear is telling us stories.
3. class: Library Bear got new friends.
4. class: Make yourself a bookmark.
5. class: Let`s make a different cover for a famous book.
6. class: My favourite…
7. class: Art poetry at the word reading
8. class: Favourite books for our parents in their youth… What about us? Posters with library themes.
9. class: Wordle pictureswith words related to the library.
Students with special needs: Library Bear, bookmarks, wordle pictures.
Branch School Sava: Mysterious beasts
Adult members (teachers, parents…)Favourite books or heroes of my childhood or adolescence
School Library, 21. 10. 2010 - 5. 11. 2010
Usually in Portugal, schools celebrate in March the week of reading. Actually we do have activities during 15 days or a month. This year we had Augusto Carlos, an engineer that writes fiction and always puts us tinking about the meaning of life, love, friendship and how to be humble.
We had authographs and sold books too.
Big Hug from Portugal
of Tympaki habitants.
• To maintain and develop a balanced range of resources in support of teaching, learning and of personal development at all ability levels within the school.
• To source, organise and disseminate information relevant to the curriculum.
• To support pupils and staff in the use of a wide variety of sources
• To encourage recreational reading for personal satisfaction and development.
• To act as a link for staff and pupils
• To provide a quiet and attractive environment for study
In order to fulfill these objectives
• I meet all classes and teachers in the beginning of the year and explain to them how they can use the resources of the library
• I prepare materials for teachers and students
• I assist them selecting books and finding information
• I try to maintain the collection updated and in good condition (buy, catalogue, process, repair)
• I try to foster love of reading for pleasure by I inviting writers, organising exhibitions, competitions, etc
• Twice a year I prepare a report for the Ministry of Education
• I am responsible for the virtual existence of the library
http://lyk-tympak.ira.sch.gr/lib/ (at the moment I am preparing its reconstruction)